Collection and Use of Personal Membership Data by Lions Clubs 105a
Lions Clubs 105a (LC) recognizes the importance of protecting the private information of our members. LC collects personal information about Lions Club members and Leo Club members to facilitate communications with and between our members. This information is used solely to further LC’s Purposes including that “to unite the clubs in bonds of friendship good fellowship and mutual understanding” and to conduct its necessary operational activities including:
- Dues and other billings
- Distribution of The Lion magazine and membership/officer information and updates
- Compilation of membership profiles and trends to support membership growth, extension and retention programs
- Convention and meeting planning
- Contact information for Lion/Leo leaders, including past and present 105a Officers, Directors, and Board Appointees, Multiple District Council Chairpersons and Council of Governors, District and Vice District Governors, and Club Officers
- Furtherance of Public Relations activities and Cooperative Alliances
- Support of Lions Clubs 105a Foundation and other adopted service programs
- Special advertising, non-dues revenue programs or other purposes in accordance with the Purposes and Objects as determined by the 105a Board of Directors
- Disclosure of information as required by law or that is pertinent to judicial or governmental investigations
Lions Clubs 105a protects personal information by using password-protected areas and by restricting access to such information. It is important that you protect your password.
Any payment information collected is protected by software during transmission, which encrypts all of your personal information so that it can be safeguarded over Internet channels. We reveal only a limited part of your credit card number when confirming an order.
The official directory is not available on the Internet without a password. Individuals, who are granted access to the official directory or any documents that contain personal information of members, may only use the information to further the purposes of LC and must agree to delete all such records after use. A club locator with club officer contact information is also available. The club locator is designed so that it cannot be used as a commercial mailing list and Lions/Leo Club members should ensure it is not used for that purpose.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES, YOU SHOULD NOT USE OUR WEBSITE.
Privacy Recommendations for Lions/Leo Clubs, Districts, Multiple Districts and Foundations
Your Lions/Leo Club, District, Multiple District and/or Foundation should consider your privacy practices and follow similar guidelines when using the personal information of members, donors, recipients of your humanitarian assistance, or that of other individuals obtained in the course of conducting your activities. You should consider obtaining written permission before disclosing any personal information including names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, medical information, financial information, etc. You should also be cautious when posting any personal information on the Internet or sharing email addresses with third parties. Please be aware that LOCAL LAWS MAY GOVERN THIS ISSUE and these laws vary widely from country to country, so you should seek advice from a local expert for more information before any personal information is used
If you have any more questions please contact us using our Contact us form